One of the most potent addictions that can afflict an individual is addiction to marijuana(cannabis or ganja). It is a very popular and illicit drug that is used all over the country and often with devastating effects. If you are worried that a loved one is getting addicted to cannabis, here are a few signs and symptoms of cannabis addiction.
- Talking loudly and also laughing frequently
- Swings in the mood that are abrupt and unexpected
- Energy levels that are low
- Reduction in the number of activities the individual normally does
- Forgetfulness, especially short term forgetfulness
- Secretiveness and defensiveness
- Selfish and self-centered behavior
Other warning signs
The people who use cannabis are often careless about hygiene. Also, users might have green or tar like stains on their clothes. Burning marijuana has a smell similar to the burning of a rope and to mask this smell, people often use air fresheners or large amounts of deodorant and cologne.
With regular use of marijuana, school or college progress will be hindered. This is because they are absent frequently and do not have the motivation to work hard. At work, cannabis users will have difficulty concentrating, have issues with their co-workers and will often show up late.
Symptoms of cannabis use
- Dry mouth and throat
- Reduction in appetite
- Restlessness and paranoia
- Problems with sleeping
- Decrease in concentration, alertness and reaction time
- Sensory perception changes
- Impaired thinking
- Memory loss and blackouts
The most important thing in all of this is to recognize that your loved one or you have a drug problem. Once you do that, half the battle is won. Sanctum Wellness is a premier rehabilitation centre in Delhi which is luxurious and well-staffed with the best in the class of doctors. Visit us for Rehab Centre and see your loved one come back to life.