Drug addiction is a chronic disease that can seriously harm a person's health and wellbeing. Mental and physical health are both affected by the addiction of the person. Addicts are unaware of the harm they are causing themselves when they consume drugs over and over again and even if they want to stop, they cannot.
There are various signs and symptoms that a drug addict may show. In the event that you observe any symptoms of drug addiction, you should see a doctor immediately. There are reputable rehabilitation centers in Mumbai where one can receive treatments effectively. Now, the type of treatment depends on the severity and the prolonged time of drug consumption.
Moreover, there are different kinds of treatments available for drug addiction. To detoxicate one's entire self, a treatment known as holistic treatment is carried out. This helps heal the person's mind and body and gives them a new ray of hope.
What is holistic treatment? How does it work?
Holistic treatment is a kind of treatment that is different from traditional treatment. The holistic treatment is a whole-body addiction treatment that works at detoxifying the entire body and mind. Not only does it focus on addressing the symptoms, but also offers a holistic approach to therapy. All of this is aimed at creating a unified body and mind, and the centers are designed to provide the utmost wellness to drug addicts.
The modern-day holistic treatment combines advanced treatments with therapy to improve the overall health of an individual. Some of the treatments include meditation, different yoga practices like stretching, breathing, acupuncture, and other nutritional supplements. With holistic treatments, you are provided with a different environment where you can receive alternative traditional treatments.
Approaches to the treatment
Traditionally, holistic treatments consist of natural processes and work according to a set of rules and guidelines. Now, some of the traditional treatments that are included within a holistic treatment include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy - The goal of cognitive-behavioral therapy is to eliminate all negative thoughts in the patient and to address the emotional challenges they are facing. Depression, Anxiety disorders, substance use disorders, Sleep disorders, etc. fall under this type of approach.
- Group therapy - Group therapy involves a team of 2-3 doctors working together and looking to treat a small group of people.
- Individual therapy - Individual therapy is a one-to-one interaction between the patient and the doctor. It is a psychological process for treating personality disorders or emotional issues.
- A healthy diet is a must and it is also offered as a part of therapy.
- Dialectical behavioral therapy - Dialectical behavioral therapy is a psychological process that aims at treating a person's personality disorders and interpersonal conflicts. This can be very helpful to alleviate thoughts of self-denial, suicidal thoughts, and other mood disorders.
Other traditional services that you can find at the best rehabilitation center in Mumbai include different family services, experiential therapy, motivational enhancement therapy, aftercare planning or counseling sessions, etc.
Advantages of holistic treatments
Holistic treatments at the drug rehabilitation center in Mumbai can provide you with a lot of benefits. There are a variety of reasons for which a drug addict should be given this type of drug addiction treatment. Thus far, we have learned about holistic treatments and the kinds of approaches used. Further, let's discuss some of the advantages that holistic addiction treatment can offer to its patients.
- It takes into account the whole person (body and mind), rather than just focusing on the symptoms and problems.
- It is the modernized and unique treatment approach that is different from the traditional approaches.
- There are certain advanced and improved methodologies to manage the stress and pressure faced by patients.
- The pain faced by the patient is also cured by distinct and different therapies like chiropractic care, massage, etc.
- There is a very positive atmosphere at holistic rehabs, which provides patients with the proper environment to get well as quickly as possible.
- In holistic therapies, the focus is also on developing the physical activities of the patient and ensuring steady and smooth movement.
How are holistic rehabilitation centers different from traditional ones?
Rehabilitation centers typically use certain medications and approaches to guide individuals through the period of detoxication. An aftercare session or counseling session is then conducted where restrictions are imposed on taking further alcohol or drugs in the future.
Holistic rehabs, however, operate differently. The emphasis is on self-discovery and identification, while a soothing and relaxing environment is provided. The goal is to integrate body and soul. As opposed to medications, holistic treatments emphasize natural detoxification methods, like Ayurveda, yoga, exercises, clean drinking water, and nutritional supplements.
Treatments such as management therapies and relaxation programs are also offered to ease the patient's pain and discomfort during the detoxification process.
Moreover, if you want to learn more about the drug rehab centers in Mumbai, visit www.sanctumwellness.org
- 1. Early intervention, treatment, and management of Substance Use Disorders from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK424859/
- 2. Continuing Care Research: What we have learned and What we are going from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2670779/
- 3. Principles of Drug addiction Treatments: A Research-Based Guide (Third Edition) - Types of treatment programs from https://nida.nih.gov/publications/principles-drug-addiction-treatment-research-based-guide-third-edition/drug-addiction-treatment-in-united-states/types-treatment-programs/